Tuesday 1 September 2015

Finding Nemo: Taiwan

I am a great fan of Pixar Animation Studios.  I have seen almost all of their movies half a dozen times. Bug's life and Finding Nemo are my favourites. When I came across the Finding Nemo Miniature Sheet, I realized that it has a circular shaped stamps too which comes under my theme Unusual/Unique stamps. So I picked up one.  I am talking about the 3rd April 2008 Taiwan Post's miniature sheet based on the movie  Finding Nemo.  They have issued two miniature sheets, I got one and am looking for the other MS.

Nemo is a small clown fish.  When it swims near the surface of the water it is caught in the fishing net and the story revolves around his father searching for Nemo and How Nemo escapes from the dentist's fish tank and reunites with his father.  Even though Nemo and his father Marlin are the key characters of the movie, I like the Dory, a blue reef fish, with short memory but with unbelievable talent ( Yes! it knows the Shark's language:-) ) and really a cool fish. I heard that they are going to release a sequential "Finding Dory" MS in 2016. Even though the turtles came for a brief part in the movie, they make a strong impression.

Below is one of the miniature sheets. Note that there are circular as well as rectangular stamps featuring the characters from Finding Nemo.

1 comment:

  1. You've shared Stamps, it's really great. And you have provided information about the stamps, it is very valuable. Thank you for sharing
    Alexandria Postcard

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...