Saturday 25 June 2016

Card from Tenerife

I have recently received this card from Mali Tenerife from my friend, Woomik. Thanks Woomik for your help. 

I don't know why the postal department has stuck a sticker on the stamps and cancelled it.  Anybody has any idea Please let me know.  For us, the stamp collectors, the stamp side is more important than the card side.  I tried to peel the sticker, alas it is coming out with the stamps:-(.

Edit: Heard back from Woomik - seems like the card was posted from Tenerife and the cancellation mark is from Malta. And to make matters more interesting - the stamps used were from some private post company (!) - could that be the reason why the stamps were covered up at Malta? Intriguing... For now, I have decided against removing the stamps.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this wonderful information .This is really important for me .I am searching this kind of information from a long time and finally got it.
    pushkar pincode

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...