The second movie theatre and the first electric theatre in Chennai (erstwhile Madras) was established in 1900 by Warwick Major and Reginald Eyre. It started its operation by 1913. Sadly it served as a theatre for a brief period of 2 years. In 1915, the government acquired this place and the Head Post Office started working from this building. Even today it is standing tall and serving as a Philatelic Bureau since 1998. India Post has introduced Permanent Pictorial Cancellation on 31st March 1998 depicting the front view of the historic building. Historic building and age old hobby, nice combination.