Sunday 8 November 2015

SIPA Monthly Meeting Update: Nov-8th 2015

Today being the second Sunday we had our SIPA Monthly Meeting. Since it is raining cats and dogs in Chennai there were only few people present at the meeting. The information discussed in the meeting are as follows:

Mr.Bhaskar & Mr. Das started the session by referring to the unavailability of new issues on the first-day. This has been a perennial issue. He also covered some points about the upcoming TANAPEX exhibition. It seems the number of requests for frames is almost 50% higher than available frames. So, discussions are on to limit the number allotted to participants. To encourage and increase visibility of Philately as a hobby and SIPA as an organization, we are planning to setup a stall during the book fair preceding TANAPEX. He is also solicited ideas for TANAPEX special covers, and also requested for volunteers to man the booth and explain exhibits.

Up next was one of our SIPA member (whose family are into philately for 3 generations!) shared his interests and also enlightened us with efforts at the archaeological department in Chennai  to preserve old documents. There was widespread interest in using similar techniques to preserve philatelic material.

Then it was my turn to speak. I spoke to them about my plan for the Exhibition on the topic Flights of  Fancy.  I am happy to say that they helped me gather more ideas for my exhibit.

That was all we had for today. I wish all my fellow Indians an advance HAPPY  DIWALI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...