Thursday 14 May 2015

Philately in school curriculum


All kids have a curiosity when they receive their new school books. They would want to take a look inside a few books (not only theirs but even their siblings' books) to see what is in there. 

I had the same curiosity that when I opened my sister's Hindi text book there was a page on Philately- The King of Hobbies. 






Few things I found interesting were:

1) There is an English essay on philately in a Hindi text book!

2) Philately is now in school curriculum. The actual Hindi lesson contains a story around on Philately!!

My own Social Studies text book's cover is filled with pictures of various stamps.

All these days, I was worried that Philately may die out over time, I have hope now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...